Thursday, July 5, 2012

HAPPY July 4th


It was indeed a happy July 4th to me!

My youngest has finally recover after 6 days of high fever.  I was so concern that she needs to go through some lab test as  Dr suggested should the fever continue after July 4th.  What a relief to me on July 4th!

While I am still having close monitoring on her, i quickly did a batch of OREO-Cheese cupcake when she took her afternoon nap.  Top with berries & kiwi, these fruity OREO-Cheese cupcakes were perfect for a thankful & joyful July 4th celebration with my family.  :)

My July 4 Sweet Treat

Daddy recently bought a grill and we had a grilled dinner tonight.  Both daddy & I felt that this grill is a good buy as not only it is easy to assemble, it is easy to clean up as well.  Most importantly, it did as what it claimed - a meal under 20 minutes!  A good quality product.


I let the girls took the fish cum pork porridge prior to our grilled dinner especially the youngest one.  We grilled corns, bell peppers, chicken wings, salmon fish, prawns, ribs, pork & chicken meats with self-created marinade and all were yummy. 

Grill in progress..

Waiting...waiting...

Yum Yum!

Complete with a bowl of after meal sweet potato green bean dessert soup, as well as the fruity OREO-Cheese cupcake, a satisfactory dinner! 

I always made an attempt for the girls to have a bowl of dessert soup when we are on 'special menu' day with no savory soup so as to substitute the 'missing' savory soup.   I'm hoping that helps to reduce the 'heaty' on the body as well...if following the old saying.  ;) 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm looks yummy, that's a lot of food! ;) How much was the grill? We hv a kettle BBQ grill, and my hubs love it too ;) But i'm kinda lazy to do BBQ for only 2 of us and the cleaning up charcoal etc lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...ya, it's lots of food. :P
    We got the grill at $70 (with $10 gift card).
    Now you've 4, you can do BBQ again when your little one gets bigger.. :)

    ReplyDelete