Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade Tangled Rapunzel Birthday Cake



Happy Bday, sweetie!

 
My Home Made Rapunzel Cake

I made this cake for my beloved daughter’s 5 yrs old birthday In Jan 2012 with all her favorite stuff – her favorite princess, fruit & M&M.  This is a simple to make cake and for a person who know nothing ‘bout baking that started her 1st ever butter cake baking only in end Nov 2011, I’m glad that I can make this for her.  And, if I can do this, am sure everyone else could and would be able to do it even better.  :)

This is how I prepare the cake:

I made a vanilla cake and bake it in two 8” round pans for a layer cake that stuffed with grape slices and a thin frosting in between of the layer. 
I personally like cakes with fruit and think that it would be a healthier and yummier cake esp. for kids.   I decided to use purple color for the frosting since Rapunzel colour is purple and it goes well with grapes too.  I used the purple gel paste food colouring to make the purple frosting. 
To complete the Rapunzel theme, i wanted to have a tower on the cake and did some research on net, found that those tower making are too challenging for me who is not a pro in baking and know nothing ‘bout fondant.  Hence, I decided to make use of anything I can find at home to make the tower.  Luckily I came across the pepper shaker & ice-cream cone in my daughter’s kitchen play-set and I used those to make the tower wrapped with a green colour string and paste some flower stickers from my daughter’s sticker book to make it the tower feel.   


Material used to make the tower

I made a cupcake for the tower base to make the tower look taller on the cake.  Then, I used the yellow color icing writer from Wilton to extend the Rapunzel hair and write my daughter’s name as if the name was designed from Rapunzel’s long hair.  I finished the cake deco with the grapes surrounded the top & bottom of the cake, added the M&M candies in between.


The cake was well-liked by the kids and a mother told me that her kids even asked for it during supper time.  :) 
Some guests asked where I buy the cake knowing that I don’t really know baking & some even thought the tower was bought, which made my day!  :)
Hope you like this cake too.  J  

No comments:

Post a Comment