Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dessert Pizza


When i came across this great recipe from a little chef (Liam), i know i need to try it one day for my two little lovers.  Finally, i made this dessert pizza as a reward for my girls who have been a great home helpers lately.

My 5yrs old has grown up day by day that she is now a real home helpers.  She helps to take care of her little sister and assists her to toilet when i took my bath or busy with cooking/baking.  

Saw this when i came out from bath one day : My 5yrs old is reading to her sister 

When i prepare a prawn dish, she will help to have the prawn peeled.  She has been helping me to prepare the rice for dinner almost everyday now too, from measuring the cup of rice to washing.  My 2yrs old also eagerly wanted to help when seeing her sister doing it  :)


















Now, they're responsible to peel off the shell of the boiled eggs whenever we have that for lunch/dinner. 


My 2yrs old is changing her sleepwear by herself nowadays as well.  Guess what my 2yrs old told me today when i bath her?  She said: 'Mom, when u become old old, i will help to bath you'.  What a beautiful sentence that melted my heart.  I didn't expect her to say this and she probably don't quite aware what she is talking about yet, still this made my day sweet. ;D 

How could i ignore all their good effort?  Hence, this dessert pizza is specially made to reward them and my two little lovers enjoyed it very much, especially my 5yrs old.    :)


Ingredients:

For the cookie crust
  • 6TBSP unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2, 1/4 & 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

For the topping
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Strawberries slices (to garnish/deco)

Steps:
  1. Lightly grease a pizza pan or baking sheet with butter
  2. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
  3. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in a mixer bowl and whisk to combine
  4. Add the cubed butter to the dry ingredients and stir mix till the mixture forms lumps about the sieze of peas
  5. Beat in the egg and vanilla, until a stiff dough is forms
  6. Knead the dough lightly on a flour surface
  7. Curl the edges in slightly with the fingers
  8. Bake for about 15mins or until the surface is firm to the touch and the edges are crisp.  Allow to cool completely
Meantime, make the pizza topping:
  1. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixer bowl until fluffy
  2. Spread the cream sheese pizza topping on the cooled cookie crust with a spatula
  3. Arrange the sliced strawberries on top
  4. Cut into wedges and serve


No comments:

Post a Comment