Friday, June 22, 2012

'Six-taste' Sweet Dessert Soup (六味糖水)



Nowadays, cooking made easy.  When come to Chinese herb soup, i always buy the pre-measured packaged ingredients as i do not really know how much to get for each ingredients.  I have brought few packages with me to State knowing that it's hard to find here and if we can find, it's much more expensive.
 
'six-taste' soup ingredients (六味汤料)

I recently learnt that this 'Six-taste' (六味) ingredients that i always cook as a savory soup can be prepared in sweet dessert soup as well.  I first tasted this sweet dessert soup was in my mother-in-law's place and i called it 'egg dessert soup'.  I asked my hubby recently bout that egg soup as i want to try prepare it, i was told that it's '六味糖水' (direct translate as 'six-taste' sweet dessert soup).

Ingredients:
  • 2500ml water
  • 1 package of 'six-taste' (六味) soup ingredients (wash & drain well)
  • 1-2 rock sugars
  • eggs (i put 4 eggs, 1 each for my family members)

Steps:
  1. Boil the eggs in a pot of boiling water till cook, peeled off the shells and put aside
  2. Bring the water to boil in another pot
  3. Add the 'six-taste' (六味) soup ingredients and continue boiling for 15-20mins
  4. Reduce the heat to medium low, add eggs and simmer for 1.5 hrs.  Cover the lid during the simmer process, stirring occasionally
  5. Add in sugar, stir and cook till the sugar dissolved
  6. Ladle into bowls and serve hot/warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment