Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creamy Mashed Potato




I have always wanted to try making mashed potato for my little lovers and just found out that it was not that difficult to prepare at all.  Thanks to the step by step guide posted here.

Personally, i felt that the milk favor is a bit strong in this mashed potato, but my little lovers just love it and my hubby was ok with its taste.  Perhaps, it's just me that who don't like to drink milk was a bit sensitive to the milk taste?  Anyway, next time when i prepare this, i'm going to reduce some milk in the recipe..  : P

Ingredients (for my family size of 4):
  • 3 medium size potatoes (peeled and cut into small cube)
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 4 tbsp of butter
  • water (enough to cover the potatoes)
  • Salt & pepper (to your taste, i put 2 tsp salt)
  • Some parsley (to garnish)
Steps:
  • Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with water
  • Bring the water to a boil
  • Add a pinch of salt
  • Cook and simmer for 20-30min under medium-low heat
  • Drain the potatoes
  • Add milk, butter, salt and pepper (i left out the pepper as i don't have one...that show how 'unequipped' my kitchen is.. :O ) 
  • Mashed the potato until creamy and garnish with some parsley
  • Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot

No comments:

Post a Comment