Monday, March 12, 2012

Fried Butter Prawn


Missed the deep fried butter prawn at my home country and tried to make some in my kitchen few days ago to satisfy my crave.  

Reference few recipes and due to limited ingredients that i can find in my kitchen, i've come out with my own version of butter prawn.  The taste of course not close to the one we used to have in Malaysia, but at least it make me felt less homesick after eating it.   ;P


Ingredients:
  • Medium size prawns (i used 12), heads off, shells intact
  • Oil for frying
  • 1 egg  (beaten)
  • 3 TBSP butter
  • 1/2 tsp garlic
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp soy source
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 1 TBSP tempura batter mix

Steps:
  1. Dip prawns into batter, deep fry in hot oil in a wok until cooked (i did in 2 batches).  Drain and set aside
  2. Melt the butter in a wok, gradually add in beaten egg mixture slowly and keep stirring until they separated into tiny pieces and golden brown
  3. Add in the prawn, garlic, salt, soy source and stir cook under low-medium heat for 1-2min. 
  4. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with some parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment