Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday!



Special day needs deco...even a simple one.  A bouquet of tulip from hubby and a lovely greeting card with cute message + drawing from my 5yrs old just made the perfect one. 


Together with a yummy cheesecake, a one of its kind intimate river cruise dining experience with my 3 lovers, the overwhelming greetings from family & friends on FB.....what else can i ask for a perfect birthday celebration?

Hubby has been saying wanna to get a cake from cheesecake factory, but i thought it would be a great chance for me to try my 1st homemade cheesecake instead since i seldom bake a 'real' cake if not for special occasion.  Well, baking own birthday cake may sounds a bit pity to some, but i totally enjoy it and thankful for given such opportunity to practise my cake baking.  :)

My 1st try of cheesecake - a heartshap birthday cake
When eating the cake, my 5yrs old told me that she wanted to finish all of the 'ice-cream' on top.  As the cake was in the fridge for 'bout 7hrs prior served and my fridge is pretty cool, she thought the cheese was the ice cream!  (LOL).  My little one just non-stop eating & she finished everything given to her.  Hubby commented it was better than store-bought and he liked it more than the one from cheesecake factory.  (Wow....what a compliments!) ;D 

  

The downtown lunch cruise experience with Portland Spirit River Cruise Dining just made the day. 


Though i've experienced the dinner river cruise during a business trip attending my company conference in Portland previously, but enjoying it leisurely together with my dearest family was totally a new kind of experience for me. 

A Birthday Toss from my 2 little lovers

We all enjoyed it very much, especially my two girls.  More details of our lunch experience with Portland Spirit River Cruise will be on my upcoming post.  Stay tuned ya...  ;)
      


2 comments: