Friday, April 13, 2012

Easy Whole Wheat Bread (麦片面包)


A fresh loaf out from the oven is always irresistible.  A bite on a crunchy crust, warm soft bread with butter spread smoothly and almost melt on it.....Mhmm, too great a pleasure of eating!  
   
Fresh loaf of whole wheat bread out from the oven....smell good!!

I used to bake my homemade bread at night after my two little lovers on their sweet dream (which gave me peace of mind preparing the bread), this time, i have adjusted the schedule and bake it in the late evening instead.  Guess what?  The fresh loaf of whole wheat bread was left with less than half after it was out from the oven, and that was just right after the dinner taken!  My 3 lovers at home can't stop munching the warm, soft bread.  :)      
 
My two girls can't wait to taste the fresh bread

I was puzzled why my last two attempts of homemade bread looked a bit short, now this answered me....finally a well rise bread!  ;D


Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg active dry yeast
  • 1 1/8 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt

Steps:
  1. Dissolve yeast in the water, add the honey and let sit 5min, until starts to foam/bubbling
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients in warmed mixer bowl, stir and start mixing on speed 2 with an electrical mixer/stand mixer until dough starts to clean sides of bowl
  3. Continue kneading on speed 2 for about 2 min longer, or until dough is smooth and elastic.  Dough will be slightly sticky to the touch
  4. Scrape it onto a lightly floured surface and knead to form into a ball
  5. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease the top
  6. Cover the bowl and let it sit at room temp, to double, about 1 hour
  7. Punch, re-shape and rise again to double, about 45 min
  8. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into a loaf 
  9. Place it in greased loaf pan, cover and let rise to double, about 45 min
  10. Place the loaf pan in a preheated oven at 400F/204C and bake for 30-40min
  11. Remove from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack  

2 comments:

  1. I request permission to use your whole wheat photo in my cooking app.

    chefdavidco@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thanks for asking and it's my pleasure, go ahead.

      Delete