Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fried TomYam Mee Hoon (东炎抄米粉)

Love TomYam...Like Mee Hoon...this Fried TomYam Mee Hoon is just a pefect meal for me!

One of my good friend (GT) once shared a Tom Yam Fried Mee Hoon recipe with me many years ago and i've never tried it.  Till now, when i'm staying abroad and started to miss some of my hometown food, this long missed favorite food came into my mind.

I tried to recall hard on the recipe my friend shared earlier, don't think i remembered all well.  I've therefore tried my best to prepare this based on what my memory can serve me and how i presume it should taste as well as look like.  Luckily, my first try doesn't disappoint me, both the taste & look were just as what i've missed.. 

As i'm preparing this with my two little lovers in mind, i've thus intentionally not to have too heavy TomYam taste in the Mee Hoon so that it is eatable by the two little mouths, yet we still can taste the TomYam. 



My 5yrs old lover just love it!  She finished 2 bowls of it, and still requested for add-on, which was actually triple as compared to her normal diet.  Guess the sour taste of TomYam was playing a vital role here...  ;P


Even my 2yrs old lover can eat it, so it's definitely not spicy at all and yet the TomYam taste is there.







Ingredients:
  • 200g Rice Stick/Mee Hoon (wash, soak in water till soft, drain and set aside)
  • 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
  • 1 tsp chopped garlic
  • Chicken breast (sliced)
  • 2 eggs (lightly beaten with soy source) 
  • Some dried small fish (Ikan bilis - )
  • Some parsley
  • 1 TBSP TomYam Paste
  • 1 TBSP Soy Source
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Cooking oil
  • 200ml water

Garnish:
  • 1/2 Tomato (slices)
  • Some parsley

Steps:
  • Fried the eggs, let it cool and sliced/shredded , set aside
  • Bring a wok to medium heat with cooking oil, saute garlic, onion and ikan billis till fragrant
  • Add in the sliced chicken breast meat and stir-fry till cooked
  • Add the Mee Hoon, Tom Yam Paste and Soy Source, continue stir fry till all combine and aromatic 
  • Add the water, salt & parsley, continue to cook till the Mee Hoon become tender
  • Garnish with the shredded fried egg, tomato and parsley  

Serve hot & it's delicious! 

Notes:
  • If the taste is spicy still, add some soy source to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment