Monday, February 20, 2012

Assorted Design Butter Cookies

I've always wanted to do some cookies for my two little lovers but having to roll the dough, chill it, cut it in shape with desired cutter as most recipe called for make me reluctant doing it as it seems to be very time consuming.  For a mom who has two little girls to take care of especially my younger one who still need pretty much attention, am afraid i won't have much time to complete the entire process called for.

Then, i came across this wonderful & handy cookie press from Wilton which addressed all my concerns.  I found it pretty useful as it's easy to use and enable me to make assorted design of cookies for different festive celebration in a rather quick manner.  There are a total of 12 fun disk designs which i can use to create batch after batch of cookies.   And I like the cookies made in bite-size where it’s easy for my two little lovers’ little hand to hold it well.  J

Butter cookies in assorted design that i made for CNY

I used it to make cookies for Christmas, Chinese New Year (CNY) and Valentine's Day so far as posted in my earlier post.  You can decorate it with any kind of deco you like on the cookies and i was having fun doing that with my two little lovers.  We decorated the cookies with colourful food sprinklers, colour icing writer etc, and you may colour the dough with assorted food gel paste colour you wish prior to baking as well.  I did that for my Valentine's day cookies where i used the pink colour food gel paste to make a heart-shape cookies.  I found those were cute!  ;P 

Christmas cookies deco in christmas theme

Heart-shape cookies in pink colour for Valentine's day
 Ingredients:
·        188g soften unsalted butter
·        125ml white sugar
·        1 egg
·        1 TBSP milk
·        1  tsp vanilla extract
·        438g all purpose flour
·        1 tsp baking powder

Steps:
·   Preheat over to 350F/180C
·   Thoroughly cream butter and sugar
·   Add egg, milk, vanilla & beat well
·   Stir together flour and baking powder in a bowl, gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough
·   Place dough into Cookie Press followed the manufacturer instruction and press it onto ungreased cookie sheet
·   Bake 7-10mins or until lightly browned around edges
·   Remove cookies from cookie sheet and cook on rack
Note:
·   The above recipe can yield about 45-55 cookies.  
·   For colour cookies, once the smooth dough is achieved, put some drop of the desired colour food gel paste into the dough and combine/mix it well to achieved the desired colour
·   Cool the cookie sheet in a fridge prior to use helps the dough shape hold better in the cookie sheet
·   If the dough is too soft to press it out where the shape doesn't form well, chill the dough for a quick while in a fridge


No comments:

Post a Comment