Monday, February 13, 2012

My 1st Attempt of Home Baking ~ Butter Cake

What drove me to start baking is i wanted to cheer my girl up who has just recovered from a sickness.  I wanted to do something new & sweet for her, then i thought perhaps i can try baking.


I referred to a number of recipes found in net before i started my baking adventure, yet the 1st cake turned out so-so only, not rised much and the edge of the cake was a bit overcooked, but my girl loved it.  Nothing is more satisfactory than seeing a smile back on her face and regain her appetite after two weeks suffering from sickness.

With my 1st baking experience, my 2nd time baking of this butter cake turned out satisfactory.  I guess i was pretty smart to start my baking adventure with this simple yet safe to bake butter cake which is all time favorite that gives me a low failure rate.  I am also fortunate to have the 3 supportive lovers at home who have in fact finished all the cake of my two attempts.  A big encouragement to me that drove me to continue on my home baking journey.

My homemade butter cake
Below is how I made this cake:
Ingredients used:
·  3 eggs
·  150ml shifted all purpose flour
·  150ml white sugar
·  185g unsalted butter
·  1 tsp baking powder
·  1/4 tsp salt
·  1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
·  3 TBS milk AND
·  the most important ingredients: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!  J
Steps:
1.  Spray the 8” baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray & set aside
2.  Preheat oven to 350F/180C
3.  Whisk together the eggs, milk & vanilla extract in a bowl & set aside
4.  Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder & salt) in another bowl with my electronic mixer on low speed until all blended, then add the butter
5.  Add the egg mixture from step 3 in three addition to the dry ingredients, beat well after each addition until all incorporated
6.  Then transfer it to the baking pan and bake for 55 min 
7.  If a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, the cake is baked well and can be removed from the oven 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment