Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Making of Marble Cake

Marble cake is the 2nd home baking cake that I tried after the butter cake.  Again, this is another simple & safe cake for an inexperience home maker like me.  In fact, I’ve lots of fun trying to swirl the marble effect in my kitchen while preparing this lovely cake.  J

The marble cake prior go into the oven

My home made marble cake

My 1st attempt of marble cake was well accepted by the 3 lovers at home, especially the big one, who enjoyed it much.  And I’m happy to see them enjoyed munching it as much as I enjoyed baking it.

The original recipe that I found in the cookbook called for double of below ingredients, since we are only a family of 4, I’ve reduced it to half and listed below is how I prepare this cake:

Ingredients used:
·    113g unsalted butter
·    100g white sugar
·    2 large eggs
·    110gm sifted all purpose flour
·    ½ tsp baking powder
·    ½ tsp vanilla extract
·    ¼ tsp salt
·    ½ TBSP cocoa powder  
·    3 TBSP milk AND
·    FUN, FUN, FUN mood! J
Steps:
1.    Spray the 8” round cake baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray & set aside
2.    Preheat oven to 350F/180C
3.    Beat the butter & sugar together until all blended with my electronic mixer
4.    Add eggs one by one, beat well after each addition to blend together
5.    Add flour, baking powder & salt, then continue to mix well
6.    Beat in the vanilla essence till all incorporated, then set aside the batter  
7.    Mix the cocoa power with the milk in another bowl till blended well
8.    Then transfer 1/3 of the batter into the cocoa-milk mixture, mix all together
9.    Scope a spoonful of the cocoa-milk mixture to the baking pan, then followed
      by a spoonful of the white batter.  Continue this until the baking pan is filled up 
      with both cocoa-milk mixture & white batter
10.  I then used a chopstick to slowly swirl the marble effect & I’m actually having 
      fun doing this.  But, don’t over mix though as that will give you perhaps a
      chocolate cake instead.  ;)
11.  Put in the oven & bake for 25-30min or until a toothpick inserted into the center
      of the cake comes out clean

That’s it!  Pretty simple & easy.  Then sit back, relax & enjoy the lovely marble cake!  

      
Sit back, relax & enjoy the marble cake


No comments:

Post a Comment