Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Baking

 
Our home deco for Valentine's Day, with DIY heart-shape deco

Love is in the air….Yes..it’s Valentine’s day!  Happy Valentine’s day!

I started my 1st Valentine's day baking a week prior to Valentine’s day.  Yes, a week earlier.....hey, it is always never too early to celebrate LOVE ya!

My 1st baking was the banana chocolate cupcake with M&M filling & deco.  I have always try to avoid much chocolate in my baking as afraid of it might be ‘too heaty’ for my two litter lovers.  But what would a valentine’s day celebration like without chocolate?  It doesn’t seem to be complete.  Hence, I’ve made an exception this round to make this banana chocolate cupcake following this recipe, and I found an excuse to convince myself that there’re fruit in the cake to make me feel less guilt.  ;P


M&M, Banana Chocolate cupcake



I also made the Valentine’s themed Elmo smoothies for my two little lovers for their afternoon snack to get the girls felt excited about the Valentine’s day approaching.  And the girls loved it very much, kept asking for it again the following day.  But I don’t quite satisfy with the Elmo’s look.  I was rushing to prepare this that day as it was late for the girls nap time.  I will try to do it again next time, I hope I can do it better then.  J 

My 2 little lovers just love this valentine's themed Elmo smoothies

I moved on to do the pink heart-shape cookies decorated with Wilton 'Fill Your Heart' sprinkles & icing writer during the weekend.  I actually love these cookies, found that they’re pretty cute and filled me up with Valentine’s day mood whenever I opened my kitchen cabinet and saw them sitting there in my transparent container.  They melt my heart before melt in my month..haha.


My cute heart-shape valentine's spritz cookies, love it!

Gift it!  My 4yrs old lover packed this & given them to her friends

Of course, I won’t missed out a Valentine’s cake and I made this on Valentine’s day itself to celebrate the day with my 3 lovers at home.  It was my 1st attempt of working on the rosettes design with Wilton star tip and I guess it was not too bad?  ;)  I called it the ‘心心相印’valentine’s cake.  J And it was delicious, especially the butter cream frosting, smell so great whenever I opened my fridge & I was addicted to it.    


My '心心相印' Valentine's Cake, Yummy!

I had also prepared the following menu to celebrate our 1st Valentine’s day abroad in State and our stomach were pretty much satisfied and fulled with LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!  J

The Appetizer: Heart-shape Minced Pork; Sweet-corn in a Sweetheart 

 The Main Course: Soup of the day – Mushroom soup; Fish & wedges 
 


We complete our home-cooked western style set meal with Haagen-Dazs strawberry and the home made valentine’s cake for the dessert.  Mhmm….yummy yummy!!

And our Valentine’s day gift exchanged as below.  Nothing special, just a very simple one, is the thought that count, ya!  And, do you spot my home-made valentine’s card?  ;P


Happy Valentine's Day, my two little princess!

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment