Thursday, February 16, 2012

CNY Baking & Celebration

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!  Happy 2012 Water Dragon year!

Again, another backdated post.  ;)

My kitchen usher in the 2012 Water Dragon year with the must have peanut cookies, fried sticky rice cake (煎年糕) and spring themed CNY cookies.  My two little lovers were having fun getting their hands dirty helping to made some of the cookies. 

 

Well, I didn’t prepare any reunion lunch or dinner on the eve of CNY as me & hubby were busy throwing a Rapunzel themed birthday party for our princess on the noon and we attended a reunion steamboat dinner with friends to celebrate our 1st CNY in State. 

However, on day 2 of CNY, it was a tradition in my supportive lover’s family to have ‘开年飯(loosely translate in English as welcoming new year meal) and we kept to this tradition by preparing a somewhat ‘full‘ dinner, as we normally won’t prepared that much dishes given that we’re only a small size family with two little mouths that didn’t really eat that much.
Day 2 CNY Meal

Again, my supportive lover here comes to help his not so experience & skillful spouse. ;P  There were many 1st for me in preparing the day 2 CNY meal, most of the dishes are in fact my 1st trial as I’ve never prepared them before:
  • 1st time of deepfried fish,
  • 1st time of crunchy mix veggie,
  • 1st time of ‘BangKuang Char’ (inspired from a friend’s dish), &
  • 1st time of black bean soup 

Luckily all dishes tasted pretty good and my lovers enjoyed them much.  (Again, chicken was not from me....u know who did that huh…haha).     

Yum Yum, we all have a great CNY celebration this year…at least make us not felt that homesick.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment