Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Best Porridge Ever

I was down with fever yesterday and was lying on the bed almost the whole day.  Hubby be the cook of the day, the housemaid to complete the house chores and the babysitter for our two little lovers.  He helped to bathed them and get them changed, feed them, entertained them and put them into sleep for their nap time.  I'm thankful for him being such a supportive hubby.

He cooked a big pot of porridge for us.  I skipped the lunch as i was not felling well and didn't feel like coming down from the bed.  I had it for dinner instead and it was the best porridge that i have tasted..(and i tought i tasted love too.  ;P ).  Our two little lovers enjoyed it as much as i did.  In fact, my 5yrs old asked me to cook the same porridge for them the next day.  The porridge that i used to cook are a bit sticky where i used low temperatue to boil it for 1.5-2hrs.  My hubby's version is a bit watery and i guess my two litter lovers like this version better. 


Ingredients:
  • Rice    
  • Water 
  • Pork meat in slices
  • Shredded carrot
  • Potato (cut into pieces)
  • Baby spinach

Steps:
  • Thoroughly clean the rice in a runny water
  • Fill a pot of water with half cup of rice
  • Bring the pot of water into boil
  • Add all the ingredients to the pot
  • Continue to boil in a medium-high temperature for about 1/2-1hr






No comments:

Post a Comment